My Top Tips for Vegan Pancakes…
In this short guide you will find out how to make vegan pancakes as well as all of our top products for making the best vegan pancakes alongside our go to vegan pancake recipes we have sweet and savoury options to suit everyone’s taste buds.
If you are a real pancake nerd and want to know all of the tips and vegan substitutes and all the fancy products you could use then please read my ultimate guide as here you will find out absolutely everything you need and want to know about creating the best pancake.
My essentials for making vegan pancakes:
- A decent non stick frying pan (one that isn’t too heavy so the whole family can join in on the flipping).
- A decent spatula to ensure safe delivery of pancake from pan to plate.
- Those who are eating are prepared to join in and eat the vegan pancakes as they are ready.
- That toppings are prepared prior to flipping so as they can be placed inside on top ASAP!
Best Toppings for Sweet Vegan Pancakes:
(Our personal faves – sometimes we have a little of each)
- Maple syrup
- Lemon and sugar
- Chocolate and hazelnut spread
- Dairy free yogurt with fruit ( plus a sprinkling of your favourite granola)
- Dairy free ice cream
Top Vegan Pancake Recipes:
You can find some great vegan pancake options in the supermarkets, however you cannot beat making your own vegan pancakes. And the best thing about vegan pancakes right now is that with all the stock piling and essentials that don’t seem to be there, with vegan pancakes you are bound to have most of these ingredients kicking around in the cupboard even if you aren’t vegan, and trust me you will not be able to notice the difference!
So if you have looked at my Ultimate Guide to Vegan Pancakesthen you will know that I have a few favorite vegan chefs (Lucy Watson, Aine Carlin, The Bosh Boys and Deliciously Ella to name just a few) who have created some scrumptious vegan pancakes – however all their recipes are in their cookbooks, and if your like me right now then perhaps your not with your cookbooks, then you need to find a great pancake recipe ASAP then you’ve come to the right place.
Sweet Vegan Banana Pancake Recipes
Method for sweet vegan pancakes:
- First you need to peel and mash the banana into a mixing bowl.
- The stir in all the other dry ingredients a little at a time ensuring that you keep mixing, to limit the amount of lumps.
- Leave the milk to last and slowly mix all the ingredients together, if the mixture feels to thick than add in some more milk.
- You can now carefully using a ladle pour your vegan pancake batter into a hot pan ( if your pan is non stick then you may not need to use any dairy free butter or oil) If you are worried about your pancake sticking then either add some coconut oil or vegan butter to your pan to coat it in a thin layer to ensure your delicious pancake does not get ruined.
- Cook 2/3 minutes on each side – then serve immediately with a topping of your choice.
Ingredients for sweet vegan pancakes:
- 1 ripe banana
- 120 grams of buckwheat flour
- 160 grams of plain flour (choose wholemeal if your are being a little healthier)
- 190 ml of coconut milk (any dairy free milk – our preference coconut or almond)
- 2 – 4 tsp of maple syrup ( depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon
Our Essential Products for Creating Vegan Pancakes:
For speed and efficiency we only recommended and review a limited of our favourite products and below we have narrowed it down to a few of our top pancake essentials.
Best overall frying pan: Circulon frying pan
Best light weight non stick frying pan: Tefal pack of two non stick pans
Best spatula: Long Spatula
Our best flour for pancakes: Buckwheat flour
Best topping for pancakes: Coyo yoghurt, maple syrup, blueberries, chia seeds and granola
Best lemon juicer: Kitchen Craft Juicer
Best way to eat vegan pancakes: INSTANTLY
01 – Circulon non stick frying pan
Circulon Radiance Hard Anodized Nonstick Frying Pan Set / Fry Pan Set / Skillet Set – 8.5 Inch, 10 Inch, and 12.25 Inch , Gray
Triple energize the kitchen for cooking performance and dishwasher safe convenience using the versatile, efficient Circulon Radiance Hard-Anodized Nonstick Frying Pan Triple Pack. Circulon Radiance is engineered with superior nonstick technology and time- and energy-saving dishwasher-safe convenience.
This is a great all round frying pan not just for vegan pancakes! A great size to fit either lots of little American style pancakes in, or to make a big crepe style pancake that covers the entire base of the pan!
Enjoy! Remember to flip responsibly!
02 – Tefal Twin Pack Frying Pan
Tefal A157B245 Taste Twin Pack Frying Pans, 20cm and 28cm Black
efal introduces the Taste twin pack, combining all the benefits of Tefal Aluminium non-stick with the patented Thermospot technology. The handles have been designed for a solid and comfortable grip. Tefal has launched this set to meet the needs of every kitchen. Its pots and pans are essential for everyday use.
If you are looking for good value for money and to get two different sizes, then this twin set of Tefal pans will be idea for you and your little one. What a great way to make a Daddy sized pancake and a kiddies one all at the same time!
03 – Long Spatula
Norpro 99 Favorite Spatula, One Size Fits All, Black
A must have spatula when cooking with nonstick cookware and bakeware; will not scratch nonstick, enamel coated or glass pots and pans. The black beveled edges and narrow blade slides under delicate food easily, yet strong enough to lift and serve heavier foods.
This long spatula is great value, and it is made out of a nylon material so it will be long lasting and easy to use and clean! No excuses kids!
04 – Kitchen CraftLemon Juicer
MasterClass Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer / Citrus Juicer
With its Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer / Citrus Juicer, Master Class has taken the traditional lemon squeezer, and made it more practical, more stylish and easier to use. Made of durable stainless steel, it features a large, sturdy reamer that’s suitable for all kinds of citrus fruits – from lemons and limes to big blood oranges and even grapefruits. Happy juicing!
Not only does this juicer look great – it is super functional too, the whole family can use to get all the lemon/lime or orange juice out of the fruit. Due to it being stainless steel it is also dishwasher safe and really easy to clean.
Savory Vegan Chickpea Pancake Recipe:
Method for Savoury Vegan Pancake:
- First, put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Then, slowly add the water stirring continuously to combine all ingredients.
- Having heated up a small amount of oil in a non stick frying pan carefully ladle your pancake mixture into the pan. As you pour the batter it may appear to be a little thin, don’t worry they thicken as they cook, but if you prefer them thicker than add a little more flour to your mixture.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on each side you should see little bubbles appear.
- Serve and eat immediately, we love to have these with oven baked chickpeas, sun-dried tomato pesto, plain dairy free yogurt , chopped tomatoes and avocado!
Ingredients for Savoury Vegan Pancake:
- 150 grams of Chickpea Flour
- 200 ml of water
- pinch of chilli flakes
- Add finely chopped fresh chilli if you like it really spicy
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- sprinkle of chopped chives
- a sprinkle of nutritional yeast
- juice of half a lemon
- oil for frying pan